Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Sampler House Exchange

All I can say is 'Wow!'. Today in the mail I received my Sampler House exchange item. I was stunned at how wonderful it was and how overwhelmed I was to receive someone else's gift of stitching. Funny, being the stitcher I have always given little stitched things but have never received and it was a wonderful feeling.
I received my 'sampler house' from Danielle T. Not only did she send me the little cushion but some other goodies....a lovely note, some yummy candies (by the way, hard candies are my favorite)and a little mesh zippered stitching case filled with a few skeins of Gentle Art Sampler Threads, some gold John James needles and some precious Mary Engelbriet things - sticky notes and a fun magnet saying 'Anyone who is successful must have dreamed of something'.
I will have to let you judge for yourself. I've tried to photograph it in the best light, which was outside. I set it on one of my birdfeeders....I felt it was so fitting as it was a little house that even had a couple of birds of its own.

Many thank you's and blessing to Danielle for this wonderful feeling of happiness I have today.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I am so glad that you like what I stitched for you! I really enjoyed making it and I actually really enjoyed finishing it as well (I tend to be pretty apprehensive about finishing like many other stitchers!). Good to hear you liked the goodies (I like to send chocolates--my favorite--but certainly not in this heat! :)--these candies are good, so I am happy you like them too!). Enjoy everything--isn't it nice to get something stitched--exchanges are really fun!